MUST HAVE green card, US CITIZENSHIP, or valid current h1b with AT LEAST 3 YEARS
or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified
for this role or others posted.
speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying
for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All
discussions and messages are fully confidential...
resume onto QuantRec @gmail.com & Quant at QuantRec dot com.
http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
include the best times to reach you over the near term (this week & or next
MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Financial Firm / Downtown NYC
Summary: Finance IT team of this financial firm is looking for a DB2
Database Developer to join it's team. They will consider Sybase and
Oracle Database Developers with interest in learning DB2. Must have
experience working with large Data sets and performance tuning. Must
also have strong UNIX, including scripting with either Shell or Perl.
ETL experience with Informatica or similar ETL is also required.
Python is a plus as is any experience with Finance or Accounting.
The team will consider candidates from outside the financial industry
provided they are technically and interpersonally strong.
Finance IT is responsible for supporting the technology needs of the
global Finance division. To deliver on Finance requirements, we
interface with other divisions in the firm to perform financial
calculations and generate reporting.
The Cash Traceability and Balance Sheet Unification projects aim to
provide clarity into how business units use cash and how much funding
cost they incur. In doing so, the Funding system processes a wide
variety of business events and positions/balances, in a precisely
defined way and at the right level of granularity.
This position is for a senior developer to work on the Funding system.
The developer should be self-motivated and have 5+ years of hands-on
The responsibilities include:
- Design and develop large data systems using DB2, scripting and
- Perform procedure and data optimization, and performance tuning.
- Work with the clients to ensure the system is being built to specification.
- Work with other developers and QA teams to ensure specifications are
complete (including boundary cases), unambiguous, understood &
- Review technical design & test case documentation, raise & resolve issues.
- Work with remote teams.
- Strong DB2 / SQL skills, including experience with large data sets,
optimization and performance tuning.
- Experience with Unix.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Good understanding of accounting.
- Ability to operate within a large & fluid project environment with
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Informatica ETL 8.6.1.
- Agile methodologies including Scrum.