Tuesday, July 31, 2012
We're Hiring: Sr Java Developer with Flex: (Top Financial Firm / Midtown NYC)
Candidates MUST HAVE green card, US CITIZENSHIP, or valid current h1b with AT LEAST 3 YEARS LEFT.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted.
Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential...
Email resume onto QuantRec @gmail.com & Quant at QuantRec dot com.
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term (this week & or next week).
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Sr Java Developer with Flex
Financial Firm / Midtown NYC
Associate level, 125K base +bonus
Summary: Seeking hands on team lead Java developer. Client will consider candidates who are not currently formally working as a team lead who can demonstrate they have the necessary interpersonal, communication, leadership and organizational skills to operate in team lead capacity.
This role will primarily lead the design, development, and maintenance of the NPA system focusing on client side components (i.e. document management, admin consoles, reporting, visual dependency graph rendering and navigation) as well as server side development using Java, Spring, and Hibernate. The candidate will work with the QA team to review and prepare test cases and will collaborate with teams within Corporate and Post-Trade Technology, Enterprise Infrastructure, and Application Support Group. The candidate will conduct regular design and code review sessions with the team, assist in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution, and will provide timely reporting to management on status of development, quality, and overall system performance.
- Java, J2EE technologies
- Adobe Flex
- Web Services
- Experience with SOA implementations
- DB2 and/or Sybase
- Object Oriented Design and Development
- Relational DBMS design and development
Additional desired skills:
- MQ Services
- Workflow engines (Savvion, Lombardi, Pega, Zebra, jBPM..etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Rules Engines (Drools, JRules etc.) is a plus.
- Past experience with Morgan Stanley development environment
The candidate should also have:
- 8 Years+ experience in Software Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong technical leadership experience
- Have the ability and passion to coach and mentor other developers in the team
- Have the drive and ability to learn quickly new technologies, frameworks and have excellent systems troubleshooting skills.
- Strong in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues in production applications
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related Field, Masters Degree is a plus
Posted by Grand Central at 2:18 PM