Thursday, October 4, 2012
We're Hiring: Database Developer/Performance Engineer (Sybase and/or DB2) Top Financial NYC - Associate Level
Candidates MUST HAVE green card, US CITIZENSHIP, or valid current h1b with AT LEAST 3 YEARS LEFT.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted.
Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential...
Email resume onto QuantRec @gmail.com & Quant at QuantRec dot com.
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term (this week & or next week).
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Database Developer/Performance Engineer (Sybase and/or DB2)
Financial Firm / NYC (Downtown)
Associate Level, 100-125K base +bonus
Summary: Sybase Database Developer with strong Optimization and Tuning Skills. Must know Sybase Internals, eg: memory analysis. Must have experience with large Databases. DB2 experience is a plus but not required. Job will focus on Database Development and Tuning, but will also involve Administration. This is senior team member level position and 100% hands-on; 5-10 yrs experience would be ideal. Some financial industry experience is required.
The Database Performance Engineer is required to support the database tasks associated with multiple financial systems. This is a high priority, high visibility initiative tasked with conducting Capacity studies for 63 of the firm's most critical applications over a two year time period. There is also a significant amount of effort conducting performance studies of other high visibility financial applications which are experiencing difficulties in the production environment.
The position requires a hands-on database technologist with database administration and development experience. Support tasks will include database set-up and support for the various QA, Performance and Capacity database environments. Also required is experience in SQL development and performance tuning. Good communications (written/verbal) are needed. The candidate should have the following background.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in the database development lifecycle
• Minimum 5 years experience in design, development and support of large Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence related database applications.
• Internals knowledge of SYBASE is required and desired for DB2 LUW.
• Must have extensive SYBASE performance tuning and monitoring experience and could be less so with DB2
• Excellent skills in building and configuring an application in the High Performance Lab which would parallel the production environment as closely as possible. This would include the database, MQ, ETL engine, disk configuration, web and application servers.
• Strong SQL skills including the ability to rewrite complex queries for performance improvement
• Ability to architect databases, including capacity, memory, data sizing and disk layouts.
• At least 3 years of supporting financial applications.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and work with remote teams.
• Familiarity with an ETL product such as Informatica.
• Familarity with MQ
• Perl or other scripting language
Posted by Grand Central at 3:43 PM