We're HIRING: Jr / Mid level C# Developer NYC (Prop Trading) 3-6 years of professional experience
We're HIRING: Jr / Mid level C# Developer NYC (Prop Trading Firm)
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential... If QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume QuantRec @gmail.com
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2010 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years).
CANDIDATE SENDING IN ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AS MENTIONED ABOVE SHALL BE PLACED SOONER THAN THOSE SENDING A GENERIC RESPONSE WITH ONLY A RESUME
If we asked around, what are you known for in terms of expertise in:
§ Types of systems?
· Got a recent instance where your technical contribution had a real impact on the organization?
Then more importantly, your Wish List
· What's the job you want? 2nd choice?
· Industry preference?
· Maximum commute radius?
· Least acceptable compensation?
· What specific companies in this area are you interested in?
· Why are you looking to leave?
· What aspects of your job would you change in order to stay?
· How soon can you start a new job?
· What about when you get a counter offer?
· What specific requirements do you have before accepting a new job?
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Looking for developer with 3-6 years of professional exp. Must have CS Degree. Must have experience with Winforms for Windows based Front End C# development, although some experience with WPF is preferred. Some experience with webforms /ASP.NET is also desired. If person has background in C++ they will be able to participate in server development, though this is not required. Some finance experience or background in math with an interest in finance is helpful as this role will primarily involve front office development for an options trading firm. Will develop: web based reports for traders, small tools to analyze volatility.
Must have strong interpersonal skills - this company will not hire someone who lacks good social skills. Must have a computer science degree from good comp sci program - doesn't need to be IVY LEAGUE, but come from good CS program.
90-110K base +bonus.
This is a company which is less than 3 years old with less than 20 ppl. But they are already profitable and very stable. Person must want 'entrepreneurial' role. This firm specializes in Options Trading - Prop Business model offers the highest income potential in financial industry so future bonus potential will be very high. This is firm which stresses offering great working environment, with good working hours and other quality of life factors. Employees earn equity in firm after year and half.
- Practical experience with multi threading in GUI applications
- Real time GUIs, experience with applications that receive large amounts of data from multiple sources while providing users with a responsive display
- Some understanding of networking protocols
- Developing custom controls from scratch, an appreciations and understanding of writing code for reuse.
- WPF comprehensive understanding of all the latest C# libraries.
- C# 3.5