Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2010 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years).
**CANDIDATE SENDING IN ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AS MENTIONED ABOVE SHALL BE PLACED SOONER THAN THOSE SENDING A GENERIC RESPONSE WITH ONLY A RESUME**
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Work closely with a trading group in Asia to develop fast and elegant tools for high frequency, low latency trading systems. Because this group trades the Asian markets, you will be working 5:30 pm to 1 am.
If we asked around, what are you known for in terms of expertise in:
§ Types of systems?
· Got a recent instance where your technical contribution had a real impact on the organization?
Then more importantly, your Wish List
· What's the job you want? 2nd choice?
· Industry preference?
· Maximum commute radius?
· Least acceptable compensation?
· What specific companies in this area are you interested in?
· Why are you looking to leave?
· What aspects of your job would you change in order to stay?
· How soon can you start a new job?
· What about when you get a counter offer?
· What specific requirements do you have before accepting a new job?
Data Mart/Data Flow Developer
Hands on data oriented developer required to support and enhance mission critical Credit Risk data infrastructure, as well as contribute to a strategic rewrite of the platform. This individual will work with users to understand business requirements, derivative products, and existing data flows in order to add required functionality. This role requires an individual who is experienced in large, batch oriented systems. The current system is a large, complex system with numerous strategic clients and a very active user base. This person must be adept at managing relationships and prioritizing requests across a diverse set of clients. Key technologies are Sybase, DB2, perl, shell scripting, and Autosys. The system processes OTC derivatives data, listed derivatives, futures, options, repos, stock loan, and other instruments which carry counterparty risk. Prior experience with financial data required.Skills Required
· 5+ years experience in Sybase. The candidate must have strong knowledgebase of relational database performance and tuning, SQL, and stored procedures
· 5+ years perl and Unix / K-Shell scripting
For Team Lead Candidates
· Ability to effectively manage a long list of requests from multiple client groups
· Ability to prioritize key deliverables and manage expectations in a resource constrained environment
· Ability to effectively liaise with stakeholders
· Excellent follow-through to ensure that projects are completed from analysis phase all the way through development, testing, and delivery
Integrity & ownership, good team player, ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints, ability to find simple and effective solutions, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.