Candidates MUST HAVE green card, US CITIZENSHIP, or valid
current h1b with AT LEAST 3 YEARS LEFT.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT
203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others
Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the
role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or
text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully
Email resume onto QuantRec @gmail.com & Quant at
QuantRec dot com.
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs,
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term
(this week & or next week).
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below
will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Senior Java Developer/Jr Team Lead
Implementing/Deploying Algo Strategies
Financial Firm, NYC
AVP Level, 130-145K base +bonus
Senior Java Developer/ Jr team lead. Will Lead one developer in NYC office. Will work in front office on trading desk primarily implementing trading (trade execution) algorithms for FX Trading.
1) At least 7 yrs of professional experience, ideally btwn 7-15 yrs.
2) Strong server-side core Java.
3) Experience implementing Trading Algorithms
4) FX (Foreign Exchange)
The role will involve working within a small team of technical developers who are responsible for the delivery of small to medium projects delivered to tight timescales. The role will include working on the trading desk and developing standalone applications and interfaces for the desk, middle office and back office functions and other areas in the bank, enhancements to reports and testing and maintenance of a vendor supplied trade execution system. Additionally the role will require:
· Implementing and deploying Algorithmic trading strategies to our Vendor based Algo trading platform Orc Trader/Liquidator
· Be responsible for and ensure the smooth running of the Vendor base trading platform Orc Trader/Liquidator
· Build new reporting and data management tools for the trading desk.
· Develop and enhance non desk SCM Technology applications in conjunction with the wider SCM IT team.
·Use technical and analytical expertise and detailed knowledge of technology to deliver fast accurate and timely software deliveries.
· Use of analytical expertise to locate and resolve issues and problems within existing systems.
· Take the responsibility to identify and fix algorithm, application and general desk issues.
· Perform vendor upgrades, regression and system testing of the Orc system.
· 1st/2nd line support work
· Working on the trading desk responsible for the configuration, customization and development of the chosen vendor application Orc Liquidator.
· Developing connectivity to additional liquidity points for Orc Trader/Liquidator
· Working with wider SCM IT team to develop applications/reports and interfaces to Trading, Operations and Finance applications.
· Diagnosis of problems including investigating process failures, analysis of log files and general forensic analysis of system problems.
· Front line support of SCM IT applications.
· Support of batch processes and maintenance of server-side applications.
· Assisting user acceptance testing on: new implementations, software releases, configuration changes
Degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent.
7 years + knowledge of Java
Experience working very closely with Front Office.
Orc Liquidator or Orc Trader experience highly desirable.
, Linux required
C# and Source Control, ideally SVN highly desirable.
Knowledge of MS SQL Server, SQL, PL-SQL/T-SQL.
Building fix connectivity or direct market access connectivity
Implementing algorithms on electronic trading platform
Finance experience essential.
Exposure to an iterative SDLC would be a ideal
Experience in finding and resolving technical problems.
Experience in supporting critical and time sensitive applications.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proactive can do attitude.
Trading desk working hours.