We are HIRING: Software Engineer, Infrastructure Team NYC/Chicago
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential... If QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume QuantRec @gmail.com
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2010 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years).
**CANDIDATE SENDING IN ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AS MENTIONED ABOVE SHALL BE PLACED SOONER THAN THOSE SENDING A GENERIC RESPONSE WITH ONLY A RESUME**
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
Candidates MEETING MOST OF the SPEC below will be contacted PROMPTLY.
Work closely with a trading group in Asia to develop fast and elegant tools for high frequency, low latency trading systems. Because this group trades the Asian markets, you will be working 5:30 pm to 1 am.
If we asked around, what are you known for in terms of expertise in:
§ Types of systems?
· Got a recent instance where your technical contribution had a real impact on the organization?
Then more importantly, your Wish List
· What's the job you want? 2nd choice?
· Industry preference?
· Maximum commute radius?
· Least acceptable compensation?
· What specific companies in this area are you interested in?
· Why are you looking to leave?
· What aspects of your job would you change in order to stay?
· How soon can you start a new job?
· What about when you get a counter offer?
· What specific requirements do you have before accepting a new job?
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Team
You will be part of a core development group that is responsible for developing and maintaining a high performance algorithmic trading platform. This hands-on role will work on high performance exchange connectivity and the infrastructure required to make that happen.
* Extend algorithmic trading platform to support connectivity to new trading venues and protocols.
* Support and enhance real-time and historical simulation trading platform.
* Migrate existing exchange connectivity to new performance-optimized platform.
* Develop new tools and services for risk and compliance management.
* Benchmark and tune critical software services to achieve optimum performance and latency levels.
* Interact directly with the traders and quantitative developers to capture business requirements and to help resolve technical problems.
* Collaborate with R&D team to research new and innovative technologies and be responsible for integrating these technologies into the production environment.
* Exceptional C++ programming skills in a Linux environment.
* Experience designing multi-threaded applications.
* Expert knowledge of networks and operating systems.
* Exposure to exchange protocols is a plus.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or its equivalent.
* At least 5+ years hands on development experience.