senior designer / creative director
Senior Designer / Creative Director
Aka: Visual or Graphic Designer/Manager
Large Financial Company/ NYC
Note to recruiters: Have person show you portfolio up front. They should have one ready on web or on document they can email. The client will look at portfolio up front to make sure person is doing work which is equally complex, rich and attractive. If not, that's the end of the interview process.
Compensation is open - team is looking for senior person with 12+ years experience to take a hands-on leadership role for a team of 3 people.
Top tier firm expecting to pay market for this level of experience and responsibility.
Client will hire on contract to perm basis or immediate full time employment depending on person.
1) Person will be member of 11 person UI development team while leading team of 3 visual designers.
2) Team develops and supports applications for dozens of internal businesses thus there is a lot of variety of work.
3) Must be hands on expert with Adobe Suite of tools.
4) This position is at tier one company on a team developing large, complex front-end solutions, thus person must come out of similar company/environment.
5) Person must have management experience - capable of both making presentations to internal clients and be able to mentor and delegate tasks to a team of three.
6) Person must have a portfolio which demonstrates the level of work required.
7) Financial Services NOT required.
8) Person must be hands on manager - will leverage themselves as hands on coder.
9) Person must have experience developing 'complex' front-ends which include: desktop app design, charts, graphing, forms, etc in a rich internet application (RIA) environment.
Job Description/ Requirements:
A leading Financial Services company is looking for an outstanding graphic designer to work on highly interactive applications. Join a team of 11 user experience analysts in an internal consultancy.
- Experience as a Visual Designer within a client or an agency environment. You will have worked on a diverse range of projects.
- Ability to design rich internet applications, including charting, forms, and data tables
- Good technical skills with Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Good communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to understand and interpret a brief to deliver an outstanding solution.
- Minimum 10 years experience
A portfolio of sample work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled
Thursday, February 24, 2011
We're HIRING: Senior Designer / Creative Director Aka: Visual or Graphic Designer/Manager Large Financial Company/ NYC
Posted by Grand Central at 12:37 PM