WE'RE HIRING: Sr Interaction Designer (UX Engineer) Technology Company/ NJ (Accessible via train/15 min from NYC)
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential... If QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume QuantRec @gmail.com
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2010 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with enough years left on visa (at least 3 years).
**CANDIDATE SENDING IN ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AS MENTIONED ABOVE SHALL BE PLACED SOONER THAN THOSE SENDING A GENERIC RESPONSE WITH ONLY A RESUME**
Also include the best times to reach you over the near term.
If we asked around, what are you known for in terms of expertise in:
§ Types of systems?
· Got a recent instance where your technical contribution had a real impact on the organization?
Then more importantly, your Wish List
· What's the job you want? 2nd choice?
· Industry preference?
· Maximum commute radius?
· Least acceptable compensation?
· What specific companies in this area are you interested in?
· Why are you looking to leave?
· What aspects of your job would you change in order to stay?
· How soon can you start a new job?
· What about when you get a counter offer?
· What specific requirements do you have before accepting a new job?
125K base, + stock.
Sr. Interaction Designer
Utilizing principles of usability, user-centered design, information architecture, and scalable and dynamic user interface design, this position will drive the user interface and interaction design for highly strategic business initiatives.
The Sr. Interaction Designer will create intuitive, useful, substantive and scalable design solutions. To do so s/he will need to produce user flows, wireframe specifications, and mockups to effectively communicate both high-level design strategies and detailed user interactions, and will provide thought leadership in architecting both short and long-term design vision for customer-facing, transactional web and mobile application experiences.
- Define and design the user interface and interaction flow for highly interactive customer-facing products, services, and mobile device applications
- Create conceptual diagrams, detailed wireframes, interactive prototypes (Azure), and visual mockups working closely with product and technology teams
- Develop and maintain detailed interaction design specifications to explicitly communicate the presentation and conditional display of information and functionality for customers
- Build upon and expand established style guides and UI patterns for web and device experiences
- Present design solutions to executive management, product and technical teams for iterative review and constructive feedback
- Promote usability best practices, and represent the voice of the customer, across the organization
- Inform and guide technical and business teams in user-centered design principles, and lead user research initiatives to better understand and communicate the needs of the customer business
Key Skills & Abilities
- 8+ years experience as an interaction designer, user experience lead, user interface designer, information architect, or similar role
- Sample documentation demonstrating related experience; detail wireframes for transactional and/or mobile applications
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, working directly with developers for defining and implementing design solutions
- Fluency in best practices for current web-based information organization, data visualization, dynamic and gestural interfaces
- Strong understanding of UX principles and methods
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for dynamic AJAX-based web 2.0 applications
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- 5 - 7 years in consumer-facing product design role required
- Expert knowledge of design software such as OmniGraffle, Azure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Passion for pixel-level detail; sensibility for strong, clean visual design
- Knowledge of accessibility standards, and front-end development is a plus
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a plus
Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience; MFA degree preferred.