We're HIRING: Systems Engineer - C++/Perl/SQL (Chicago/NYC)
NO SPAM, NO OUTSOURCED/ CONSULTANTS, NO THIRD PARTIES,
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE USA.
Call or text 203-29-QUANT 203.297.8268 if you have any questions and are qualified for this role or others posted. Please speak clearly if leaving a voicemail, and let me know the role you are applying for and if you have sent a resume or not. You may call or text at any time. All discussions and messages are fully confidential... If QUALIFIED &AUTHORIZED FOR USA WORK, email resume QuantRec @gmail.com
Goto http://www.QuantRec.com for updates on jobs, bookmark it!
You can fax in resume to 206-202-7703 as well.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE your salary requirements (2010 base/bonus), location preferences, and for my notes where you have been interviewing or been submitted to in the past 6 months (as there are multiple opportunities if you are a solid techie). Must currently be in USA and be Green CARD/US CITIZEN/h1b with 3++ years left.
Intermediate - Electronic Trading/Performance Engineer
The Performance Engineer is responsible for maintaining and monitoring existing and new networks, hardware, software and other applications, in order to ensure optimal performance of the firm's proprietary trading infrastructure on the world's financial exchanges.
· Low level Linux driver programming
· Revise Linux kernel to monitor and improve data performance
· Develop tools to measure performance of infrastructure
· Initiate or recommend preventive and corrective measures to ensure optimal performance
· Collect, analyze and report on trading system performance data
· Identifying bottlenecks and potential areas for optimization
· Providing ongoing ideas, solutions and recommendations for ongoing and improved system performance
· Understand external trends, competitor approaches and recent developments in IT that will help improve trading systems, infrastructure and services
· Work closely with the other Technology teams to understand key issues and initiatives that impact performance
· Working closely with traders to understand their needs and requirements, to communicate key developments/issues and to implement new initiatives
· Maintain ongoing and growing technical knowledge and learning
· Minimum of five years of related or similar experience in a performance role
· Solid troubleshooting skills
· Excellent understanding of SQL
· Excellent understanding Linux/Unix including awk, sed, and regular expressions
· Experience with scripting languages (Perl, UNIX Shell, Python, etc) and experience in C++
· Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Results oriented, highly flexible, team player
· Ability to understand the big picture as well as be in command of the details required (and execute these details) to provide solutions
· Ability to exercise judgment in what and how to communicate with other parties and to ensure customer satisfaction
· Familiarity with financial markets is highly desirable